JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Tuesday 12 August 2014

The world grieves... Why is nothing being done.

There are millions of things happening in the world as i write this, and a billion i would love to expose and talk about. 



However, this morning I woke up and read the news & many will know that Robin Williams has died. A man full of laughter and brought joy to each generation of children, adults & golden oldies. With a suspected suicide on the cards, & a previous history of drink/drug addiction, i feel like the one thing which ia being shoved under the carpet is the depresseion he suffered for a very long time. 

Depression is not a case of Oh you'll feel better about it tomorrow or stop being so overdramatic. It is mind consuming, can start from the simplest of things and I consider it one of the silent killers sweeping the Uk due to nobody knowing how to tackle it. 

When my gran passed away, it wrecked me, i cried for days and for weeks it was put down to just grief. About a month later my dad took me to the doctors because my usual high spirit had disappeared, i had no energy levels. In fact the only thing that man could do was tell my friends to skip a day of school in a desperate bid to make me smile. 

By no means did I feel suicidal, I'd had that feeling years beforehand. However at the same time my motivation had gone and I just didnt care about anything. It was isolating & totally consuming. Eventually, after Doctors recomendation i was prescribed Anti-Depressants. It took two weeks for me to start feeling lighter and after a month I began to ween myself off of them. I felt fresh and safe and with a councillor to talk to at school, just about everything got that little bit easier. 

All it took was for me to ask for someone to listen, i can guarentee everyone if they read this, one person they know will listen . They will offer support and help you realise you are not alone.

And that is what i cannot stress enough. If the worlds funniest man can suffer to the point he takes his own life.... Whats to say you cant? Please just speak to someone, dont let it overwhelm you and keep strong!! 

Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment