JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Monday 7 July 2014

I wish I had articles written about me in Wellies & Jumpers.


The word feminist has been chucked around left right and centre over twitter the last few days, female empowerment has gone into superdrive and yet I still feel like people are missing the point. 
'Feminism is the social, economical and political equality of the sexists'. 
Thats right, I quoted Beyonce (well not actually beyonce but one of her songs & I cant help but feel that with that single line, my entire view of feminism changed. I honestly dont even think its feminism that is the problem... I think it is the constant stereotyping which is made by the media which is causing this. 

It pains me to say this, as I love the media, I love studying it,I love the hype that is generated by it and it's cuckoo journalists trying to the best of their ability to sell another boring tabloid story. However, Its the reoccuring rubbish that gets sporuted out that has women aroudn the world screaming out in anguish! 
There is a favourite post of mine on the internet which shows how the media dramatize everything that a woman is wearing and then simplfieis the meaning of it. Sexy *insert name here* wears a figure hugging number to the ball. = woman wears dress outside. 

Look at this above article. I got it from the Daily Mail this morning (7.7.14), Look at each of these articles which have pride of place on the front page of the website to the right hand side...  Bikini Clad Helen Finnagan... Posh in a Baggy Jumper & Wellies.... Another bikini clad beauty  followed up by Reality star in a Plunging peach pencil dress whose cleavage is on show...

It's lazy and quite frankly boring as hell.. so what!? I wear a baggy jumper & wellies when I cant be assed... god forbid I get my boobs out once in a while... and my lease favourite comment... Balotelli's fiancee being referred to as his prize. 

I cannot stress enough, I am not blaming men for this.This is not one big feminist rant... however I am annoyed with the newspaper itself. Until the media starts treating gender's as equal then quite frankly all the mumbling in the world aroudn social media will stay ignored. 

btw. I've boycotted the Daily Mail, bunch of prententious tory wankers anyway. 

G x

No comments:

Post a Comment