JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Tuesday 20 January 2015

Two Thousand and Fifteen.

Hello!
Apologies about my lack of absent in writing gone this blog, the end of 2014 was extremely busy for me, and i sort of lost my interest in writing!
However as I'm currently sat in my university's library with an hour to kill before an exciting meeting I thought now would be appropriate to share my latest adventures and a quick recap on where I am at in my life!

Just before Christmas hit it off, my lovely friends had their first child and Isabella Faith is the most beautiful little girl I have ever had the fortune to meet! I got to bring her home from the hospital and got first dibs on loads of cuddles!



 


Christmas was incredibly exciting. I spent my first year away from home and spent it with the OH's family. It was absolutely spectacular, despite some teething issues! I got a little teary on christmas eve due to no being at home with my dad which is what I am completely used to! However this was completely overridden by my busy christmas day!
We woke up and had presents in Matt's mums bedroom and I was treated like a little queen, I had quite a humble christmas, so it was a bit more about quality over quantity.

I got a lovely harness set which sadly had to be sent back because of my abnormally large arse which propelled me into my strongest new year resolution (I'll mention it more later!) I got a lovely faux fur headband, a pretty new 'going out' clutch bag, a new diary (stationary<3) and then other little bits and pieces including a very comfy new beanie!


Practicality of gifts is a big thing for me. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of glitz and glam in my life, but having things I can wear is a big pro for me because i'm extremely stingy in buying clothes for myself because I feel like they are a waste of money until my current clothes turn to rags!

Christmas morning included a church visit, something I have not done since I was a young girl, and even then it was midnight mass of Christmas Eve! However with some puppets (don't ask) and mixed with Matts Mum having to disappear because she left sausages in the oven was a particular highlight!
Afterwards around 30 people arrived at the house for champagne and nibbles! I still haven't quite got over that overwhelming feeling of being surrounded by what felt like a billion women all asking the same question of
 Who're you? Oh Matthews Girlfriend, what do you do? Oh university... what are you studying? 
I have that answer perfected just in case you wanted to know!

Boxing day was so much more chilled, the drinks flowed, a spectacular post christmas lunch followed with a hilarious evening of games where I finally managed to cover some ground with people who were so hospitable and lovely!



I WENT TO THE HARRY POTTER STUDIO'S.
It was amazing, if you advent been and consider yourself a potter-head you need to get yo' ass to Leavesden. Although not overwhelming the beginning and final part of the tour are beyond anything I have ever seen in my life with such high emotional connections!



I also went to see the Rugby for the first time in my life and I cannot wait until I can next go! Although I was initially very confused about how it worked, after a nice explanation from Matt, I found myself on the edge of my seat feeling the adrenaline rushing through me joining in with the groans and shouts at the game! Definitely something i want to do more in the future.


This led firmly onto New Year. New Year in my hometown is a spectacular affair! Everyone dresses up in Fancy Dress and although I left it a bit late this year, Army girl struck a high chord and I had such a fabulous night and New Years Day with my dad preparing the best meal ever!!!!

However the festivities left and I decided that it is now time to change my lifestyle, I have been saying for year that I want to lose weight, and I have firmly held onto that idea this year, Joined a gym, kept up with going 3 times a week for the last month and fully intend on continuing! Sweating is almost addictive!
My aim goal is to hit a stone by march; easy to do hopefully! Then another stone before I debark on my adventure in the US.
If I haven't already mentioned it, I will be working across the pond from June to August with a months travelling afterwards. Matt is also joining me in the states but either way It's going to be so so exciting!!!! I need to start preparing so if anyone has any hints or tips please let me know as I have never travelled on a plane for longer than 5 hours before!



Although this has been  brief catch up I am going to try and do a weekly catchup! In the mean time if you wish to follow my weightless journey, go ahead to www.hellohealthygeeg.wordpress.com.

Lots of Love & Happy New Year you lovely people!
G

No comments:

Post a Comment