JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Thursday 7 May 2015

Health & Happiness

Alongside exciting life events happening.. I am also on another quest of sorts. The quest to lose weight.
I have written many posts about my views on healthy eating changing lifestyles and dieting, and nothing seemed to hold my motivation for long; shakes are dull and have too many limitations, healthy eating and exercise just didn't seem to shift any weight. So i went back to my original tactics that helped me lose weight many years ago for my prom!



As a side note; can i say that I am sharing these with a little bit of discomfort; its hard to look at for me so please don't be too negative. 

 In the left photo (Dec 2014) I weighed by heaviest at 213lb, however it has been been almost 6 months of relatively clean eating (with some set backs; pizza is a dangerous enemy) and I have gone back to the lifestyle and food plan that helped me in my younger days to shed some pounds; Slimming World.
The photo on the right is what I took about 5 days ago; weighing my lightest at 189lbs! By no means am I done on my journey but it is a large step in the right direction which has made me unbelievably happy.
Clothes are beginning to fit again! I can wear dresses without worrying too much about a bulgy belly and I feel slightly sexier in nice things! Its a work in progress and hopefully i'm going to start running, 2 days a week at first and work my way up in the coming months to spur on my healthy diet.
One of my personal goals when I hit my Stone and a Half award at Slimming world (getting my half a stone this week hopefully!) is that I want to go out and buy some proper jeans! Not Jeggings but Jeans! I find them hideous to wear at the moment and am always wearing tops which are slightly baggy so I'm working on my confidence and then my wardrobe!

Finally, I'm keeping my motivation. Matt goes away for 3 months in the beginning of June and when he comes back I want one of those American sitcom-esque moments where i'm revealed as the ugly duckling into the swan with shiny lights and looking fabulous.
Obviously I know he love me now as I am, and I am not doing this for him, instead I want to start my life in my Twenties completely comfortable with myself and get myself ready for all of the important events that will be happening within this decade and when is a better time than to start now!

If you do want any information about Slimming World please get in touch; I am not an ambassador but I can help with questions about what it is like, what it requires and how to join yourself! Once you make the choice, you understand why you never go back!







No comments:

Post a Comment