JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Monday 11 May 2015

Life Changes

Its nice to see my blog getting regular views again; makes me incredibly happy. On my days that I'm not on here and you want to see the more everyday blogging I do feel free to check out my Insta; @HelloGeeg. 
I update it fairly regularly and it's more of a personal insight into my life! Anyway thats not what I wanted to blog about today so back to being on topic!!! 

Seeing as I start work in about two months; I decided now was the time to get myself together, re do my hair, start revamping my wardrobe so I can look more adult; turning twenty-one is catching up with me fast and I want to be able to look as professional, yet chic as I possibly can! 

Hair
Well I've been known o mess around with my hair, grow it long then crop it short, dye it red then bright blonde (including that awkward bright ginger stage that no toner could ever fix) however this year I want to give my hair a bit of break and avoid the bleach as much as I can! I often get caught in the tragic cycle of being blonde all summer and brunette all winter! However i think i want to funk it up a little bit just before I start work and have found the colour I like!


Auburn is so multi-dimensional, looks amazing when it is in the sun and is relatively low maintenance with my natural dark hair! In terms of cut, i'm aiming to grow my hair out again currently, but it needs a good cut to get rid of my leftover bleached locks and split ends! 

Clothes
Okay I admit, i don't exactly have money falling from the sky at the moment, however, I can afford to do buy myself a staple item for a my wardrobe every once in a while. Whilst I do not have enough clothes (not even sarcasm, I barely wear half of what I own) I am aiming at maturing my wardrobe a little bit in the coming month, and I started by reliving the classic Pinafore. I wore them at primary school, and when they are teamed with t-shrts for the casual look, a blouse for a special meeting with tights and some nice ankle boots, You suddenly look really put together! 
Boohoo had a great option for me to try; which is arriving tomorrow alongside a wine coloured turtle neck shirt so I can look  nice and smart when I see my boyfriend on Tuesday for dinner without looking like a hobo! 



Secondly I got treated to an amazing pair of ankle boots from Matt as a little gift from our weekend away at the bank holiday; that made me so happy and although i tried to pay for them myself he ran off with them whilst i was changing shoes! cheeky! 
we agreed therefore that these boots are my smart boots, that i look after, polish and wear to occasions with his family and to work :D woo! 
I also bought a cute little A line skirt in the sale, whether or not that fits or makes me look hideous is yet to be seen, but it's nice to try something even if i find it's not quite as cute as i first thought; I'm all about channeling the nineties at the moment; with Jennifer Aniston as my inspiration!!! 

More to Come soon guys!!! 

G x



No comments:

Post a Comment