JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Tuesday 18 March 2014

Sex,Scandal & Youtube.

I woke up this morning to a news feed which had gone mental, sadly i've had a few days off from keep track on social media, so you can imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning and my phone was full of messages about several Youtuber's being involved in a consent/sex abuse scandal.

I use the word scandal delicately, I do not mean to demean anyone who has been effected by this, instead appraise them for being so brae in stepping out.You're brilliant and beautiful and wonderful and well well done!!!

however

Internet Trolls by definition are the people these types of websites try to stay away from, we actively fight to make sure everyone feels loved and supported no matter what they are going through. I don't use Tumblr as much as I used to, but after seeing some of the support there is available there It's made me re-think and want to rejoin the community. Until Today.

Carrie Hope Fletcher is my main topic of issues.
And before you all go crazy and attack me, I think it is utterly diabolical that there are some people who are blaming her for this crazy Alex Day situation, and by 'blame' I mean accusing her of  Victim Blaming. Can we all just stop, take a deep breath and think for a second.

Imagine you were in a relationship with someone you have seen the best and worst of, imagine that recently in particular he had gone out of his way, publicly apologised (as he should have) and openly discussed the changes he has undergone. Okay? still with me? Good. Now imagine your brother has just had his first child, that you are an aunty, and on the same day you have found out the man you love is being accused /publicly accepted these accusations? How the hell would you feel?

God bless the woman for having an escape to Disney for a while! She has done absolutely nothing wrong, and anyone suggesting otherwise needs a good hard slap by reality. She is a single minded, free woman, not an accessory to Alex Day so stop bashing her for supporting someone important to her.

After seeing all of these things, I can't help but hope she has somebody to talk to about all of this, because effectively, certain people are beginning to ruin what should be an amazing time for her and her family.

<rant over>

In other news, IM GOING HOME THIS WEEKEND. wool! i get to wear a sexy motherfucking dress, some bloody lovely shoes, I've dyed my hair, painted my nails and I am beyond exciting to be going home for a good old climbing session followed by a true (in climbers spirit) piss up :)
Happy weekend to everyone and smile smile smile!!!

G

No comments:

Post a Comment