JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Wednesday 1 October 2014

Then and Now

Although I'm sure my blog does not maintain a hard fellowship of readers, I find this the best way to address myself and the current issues that resolve around my life. Apologies if that is really really boring to most! 

I'd like to think back to myself a year ago. 19 year old Georgia isn't all that different to twenty year old Georgia. I would have just embarked on University and possibly one of the most emotionally torturous few months of my life. I had really high hopes that I would study every night and my aim was to lose weight. . 
Instead I gained the ever known freshers 15, I barely studied at all, in fact I think I gave up on lectures towards the end of the year. I had a reliable job at home, but due to screwing myself over I found myself starting university with no money. I barely drank and was horrendously awkward around people because I cared far to much about what everyone else thought as opposed to my own opinion. 

In the same way that Emma Watson recently rocked the UN and opened up the issues surrounding gender equality, I've learnt to be more honest about myself. 

I know that this year matters. I'm in my way home to spend the afternoon writing notes, catching up on reading and hoping to god I got away with missing two lectures last week.(I probably didn't). I've got wiser. 
Although my love life as such is a vast improvement to what it was a year ago, I'm still worried I could scare Matt away, that my grumpiness and defence mechanisms will be too much one day, but then I have also got through my body issues and can quite happily look like shit and know he still loves me at the end of it and is willingly offering to spend the rest of his old man days with me. 
I'be finally decided enough is enough of making excuses and have changed my diet. As a result I have lost half a stone... And counting. 

In a year I have become a different person, more studious, more accepting, more relaxed and quite frankly a better person. There are still things on my list I need to fix. I need to start consciously putting my finances into place and thinking about my future. 

Overall, I just need to keep adapting and letting myself grow older , wiser and better. 

Should be easy...

No comments:

Post a Comment