JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Wednesday 8 October 2014

Why the Internet is potentially a dangerous thing

I like the internet, its expressive, weirdly wonderful and can sustain boredom no matter where you are around the globe. But it is useless thinking this could relate to a better kind of human being. I try to remain reserved in my opinions of news articles (specifically on the web), however some artless go a bit too far. 

Return of Kings, 2014


THIS came up on my news feed this morning on Facebook after one of my friends shared it in outrage that it even exists. And I agree. 

An eating disorder is not something to laugh at, it is not something to use against another human being, it most definitely is not a defining factor of a relationship and if you agree with anything that article says then you most definitely deserve to rot. 

I have had friends with eating disorders, luckily enough I have never suffered from the illness myself.  However this article makes my skin crawl. One of the '5 reasons' is suggesting that when a woman is feeling vulnerable THAT IS A GOOD THING. 

I can't even outline how pissed this article made me. With all of the positive response after Emma Watsons #HeforShe campaign, I'd have thought the waves of feminism was defining a new chapter for the human race. However this article has only proved to me how wrong I am. 

Finally, the last defining part of this article is the other publications this author has covered...
Many of those publications are all for the gender equality, so why they have supported this mysogynistic arse is beyond me... and possible something that needs to be addressed? 

Not only this article, but Return of King's seems to be an amalgamation of high and mighty men who still believe women are beneath them? I can only hope this website is made of satirical (yet still badly written) content however some of these articles have me second guessing myself... 

And my personal favourite and an article I have already mentioned...

What scares me is the heaps of comments of people who agree with this, men from around the world seem to be using these misleading and bollock's filled articles to support casual sexism. 

Spread this blog post, around the internet and make these people realise that what they are publicising is wrong! This needs attention as quite frankly these articles are no different to a hate crime in my eyes! 

G x


No comments:

Post a Comment