JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Friday 4 April 2014

Being back Home

My year at university has come to an end!
For many that would mean mega excitement, a massive holiday and chilling out for summer, sadly for me it means a whole summer of hard work at my childhood pub. Well I say childhood, I started working there when I was sixteen years old! I have three pieces of coursework left to do and voila! I'm finished!

I'm turning the big 2-0 in the next few months which is something to look forward to (or dread,  I haven't quite decided yet) but I've decided to start thinking about things I want to conquer between now and the end of summer, admittedly one big part is working on my savings, so at least when I finish uni I'll be able to get myself sorted, Ive had one of my oldest friends say they'd come and move up to London to live with me, which would be pretty sweet I must admit, but really I need to start considering war my future is going to entail.

I look at some of my third year friends who are leaving university this summer, and they seem to have all elements of their lives sorted out, some are engaged, others have scored internships or their dream jobs. I'm frequently starting to worry that at the ripe old age of 22, I will have no idea what to do!

I've never considered my life plan, my mother always used to tell me to think about marriage and kids etc, my dads always said to work on my career, quite frankly I've never actually considered it for myself and I have a lot of thinking to do!
A lot of it I'll need a lot of forward planning, I'll need a lot of experience so hopefully, when I'm all moved into my new house in July/August it may be time to start thinking about internships or even volunteering at any opportunity I have!

This has really just been a bit of a life report at the moment, my minds a bit of a mess and quite frankly if I forward plan it stops me thinking about at the moment! I get to escape to 'The North' (as it's famously referred to by one of my friends) next week so hopefully I'll get a bit of free time to sit back and consider a few things and hopefully start the summer in a much happier, better mindset.

Till Next Time,

G x

No comments:

Post a Comment